Welcome to The DADventurer!
I’m Dave (AKA The DADventurer), a 30-something bloke who blogs and vlogs about my adventures as a stay-at-home dad to my preschooler daughter and newborn son.
Living in Hertfordshire with the missus (Hayley), 3.5-year old daughter (L [previously Baby L/Toddler L]), newborn son (‘Beetle’) and sausage dog (Dax), I started my parenting blog in July 2014 as a place to share my experiences, learnings, misdemeanours, failings and random musings about becoming a dad.
The DADventurer has since gone on to be recognised as one of the top parenting and dad blogs in the UK and has seen me chronicle the entire parenting spectrum – from expectant dad, to newbie dad, to stay-at-home dad, to expectant dad and newbie dad once again.
My content is quite varied to say the least – I pretty much write about what comes into my head. One minute I’ll be penning something random about life with a toddler, the next I’ll be on my soapbox discussing issues faced by dads, then the next I’ll be reviewing some household gadget or working with a large brand on an interesting campaign.
No matter what I write though, I always ensure that it is interesting, entertaining, honest, unique and laced with humorous undertones. Some of my most popular blog posts include:
- A Transcript From A Night Out With The CBeebies Presenters
- I’m A Daddy With Mummy Guilt
- The Greatest Baby Products Never Invented…Until Now!
- I’m A Dad And Dads Don’t Babysit (Unless We’re Paid)
- 4 Reasons Why Toddlers Are Like Drunks
- 5 Gross Things I Didn’t Think I’d Do Before Becoming A Dad
- 8 Things To Consider If Having Sex In The Same Room As A Baby
- What If Babies Were Superheroes?
- 6 Things That Prove Babies Are Purposefully Annoying
- An Open Apology To The Missus
- 13 Random Thoughts From Watching Kids TV on CBeebies
- 5 Things I Probably Shouldn’t Do As A Dad
- 5 People I Hate Now I’m A Dad
Hahaha – some of those posts are hilarious. LOL. ROFL. And various other acronyms which I don’t quite understand.
I don’t want to sound too much of a twat by calling myself a “pro-blogger”, but I guess that’s what I am. My primary job is looking after L and ‘Beetle’, but my blog has grown to become a successful full-time business which I operate around nursery hours and nap times – his and mine. Not intending to get too braggy about things, but the DADventurer is recognised as:
- Number 6 UK Baby & Toddler Blog according to Tots 100 (May 2018)
- Number 4 Parenting Blog in the UK according to Vuelio (October 2017)
- Number 2 Dad Blog in the UK according to Tots 100 (October 2016) and Vuelio (June 2016)
- A finalist in BritMums Brilliance in Blogging Awards (BiBs 2016) in the ‘Family’ category (May 2016)
- Shortlisted for Vuelio’s 2016 Blog Awards in the Dad Blog category (September 2016)
- Shortlisted for Vuelio’s 2017 Blog Awards in the Parenting category (September 2017)
- Shortlisted for the Herts Digital Awards 2017 in the Blog category (July 2017)
- Shortlisted for the Thirty Plus Awards 2017 in the Community Star category (October 2017)
- I had the privilege of being asked to read one of my blog posts as part of the Bloggers’ Keynote at BritMums Live 2015. You can check me out in action here:
As a former business consultant and now freelance writer / blogger, I regularly provide content and opinion to different publications and media outlets. This has included the likes of BritMums, BBC Local Radio, Bleacher Report, Metro UK, The Sun, The Guardian and Very magazine. Also, my work has, and continues to, feature quite heavily on my mum’s fridge – although she’s not quite sure how it keeps getting put up there.
I also run the UK Dad Blogger Facebook group, which currently has some of the finest dad blogging talent in the country, and am a co-founder of DigiDads, a group of the most influential online dads who regularly work with brands.
I welcome all comments, questions, suggestions, approaches, random messages and abuse. So if you have – or haven’t – enjoyed what you’ve read, are friendly / unfriendly PR folk or are a spambot offering Viagra, increased traffic or riches, you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter / Facebook.