I’m no philosopher – shock horror! – but I see life as a series of moments. Some good, some bad, quite a lot of meh. Either way, when we look back, it’s those happy moments we remember and cherish so fondly. I’ve therefore teamed up with Kettler to celebrate the best of times and help you share many more by offering the chance for one lucky person to win a brand new Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE barbecue worth £599. You can enter via Rafflecopter below.
First though, I wanted to think back over some of the periods that I would deem my best of times. Sure, simultaneously winning the Champions League with Bristol City and lifting the World Cup with England on Championship Manager 01/02 is difficult to top. But when I think back to those events which sit just below that incredible footballing feat, the one thing they have in common is that they involve friends and family.
That doesn’t seem unique. I had a quick Google for “best moments in life survey” and found this life’s to 10 happiest moments revealed article. Unsurprisingly, everything listed – from first kiss with the person you love to seeing your child’s first steps to your wedding day – revolve around friends and family.
I hate to be cliché, but these big occasions probably rank up there with my ‘best of times’ moments. For instance, Toddler L being born is something I’m always going to remember – and not just because it happened so fast and unexpectedly! Similarly, our wedding day will always be something in my mind because all of our friends and family were in the same place to celebrate us getting hitched. The next time all my loved ones are going to be together like that will be at my funeral and I’m not going to be there to enjoy it…
It’s not just about the big things though. Sometimes it’s the small moments that stick with us. For example, we didn’t have much money growing up so we spent a lot of time together as a family making our own entertainment. Just simple things like having a picnic, playing rounders on the beach or kicking a football at the park are some of my most treasured memories as they focused around family.
Then we move on to Uni and the mates I met there. Fast forward 13 years and I’m still good mates with five of them, albeit we don’t get much chance to hang out because of, you know, life. Back then, we didn’t have a care in the world and would often spend hours on end just hanging out. Although we didn’t do anything exciting – playing guitar, watching TV, listening to music, playing Mario Kart, quoting Max and Paddy etc – it’s still a time I look back on and miss.
These days, our lives understandably revolve around Toddler L. We’re doing what we can to make memories and have done a lot of fun things with her as a family. Although life with a toddler isn’t always easy, arguably this whole period is the best of times. It means something extra special to me though when we meet up with my family. Due to distance, we don’t often get the chance to all meet up together. So when we do, it’s nice to be all back together and see the blossoming relationship between Toddler L and my folks / grandma.
Nice to catch up with the family yesterday – that’s 4 generations on a day out. It’s a bit of a bitch that we live so far away, but we’ve just got to enjoy the time we do get together. Seeing how Toddler L is with her grandparents and great grandma is pretty awesome – nice they have such a special relationship despite the distance.
Everdure By Heston Blumenthal FORCE Barbecue Giveaway
Now onto the giveaway. Everdure by Heston Blumenthal is creating an evolution in the BBQ world. Born out of Australia and developed alongside the 3 Michelin Star celebrity chef, the range includes both charcoal and gas barbecues perfect for the best of times.
The FORCE barbecue is a gas powered cooking machine which puts you in complete control. It has high performance burners for super-fast searing, ergonomic taps with rotary ignition, flat and open grills to suit your style of cooking, the high hood is ideal for convection cooking and the large cooking area means your food will be evenly cooked and delicious. Find out more here.
To be in with a chance of winning the Everdure FORCE barbecue worth £599, simply login to Rafflecopter below and complete one, or multiple, of the entry criteria. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Kettler (GB) Ltd, Merse Road, North Moons Moat, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9HL.
- To be entered into the prize draw, entrants must log into Rafflecopter with either their Facebook account or their name and email address. Once logged in, they will be shown the entry requirements of the giveaway.
- By entering into the competition, entrants agree to be subscribed to the Kettler (GB) Ltd mailing list. Entrants can opt out of this mailing list at any time.
- Kettler (GB) Ltd will accept entries for this competition from 00.00 on 04/05/2017 and will not accept entries sooner than this time. Kettler (GB) Ltd will close the competition at 23.59 on 05/06/2017. The prize draw will take place on or after this date.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over and be residents of mainland United Kingdom. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Entrants must enter the competition in their own name; you may not enter on behalf of another individual. Should you use a false name or email, or use an online user profile that is not linked to a real individual, or has been set up for the purpose of competition entry, you will be disqualified.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of Kettler (GB) Ltd, (b) employed by any agency associated with Kettler (GB) Ltd or (b) an immediate family member of such employees is not eligible to enter the competition.
- One winner will be selected at random using Rafflecopter on or after the closing date of the competition.
- The winner will be contacted via email within 48 hours of the competition closing. Winners who fail to reply to Kettler (GB) Ltd within 28 days of notification will forfeit their prize and another winner will be drawn.
- The prize is 1 x Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE Barbecue worth £599 (RRP). The prize includes a standard three-year domestic use warranty as outlined on the Kettler (GB) Ltd website at the time of publishing.
- Delivery will be provided to mainland UK only as per Kettler (GB) Ltd standard delivery policy. Sprintshift couriers will contact the winner directly to arrange agreeable delivery. The winner will be given a 2-hour delivery slot on weekdays only, from Monday to Friday.
- The prize includes delivery within mainland UK, but not assembly or installation. The winning entrant will be required to provide proof of ID and sign for the prize on delivery. Delivery of prize will take place no more than 30 days from confirmation of winning entrant’s delivery details.
- No cash alternative can be offered for prize.
- The winner agrees to the use of his or her name and disclosure of county of residence relating to any post-winning publicity. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Kettler (GB) Ltd reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice, for whatever reason, and without liability for doing so.
- Kettler (GB) Ltd will always use your data responsibly and only collect, store and process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
- By opting in to receive marketing communications from Kettler (GB) Ltd, you consent to receive communications by email. Kettler (GB) Ltd will store your details securely and will only use them for our own purposes. You provide permission to receive communications from Kettler (GB) Ltd about our products and services, exclusive customer offers, events and promotions. If you wish to have your details removed from our database at any time, please email us at email@example.com or call our Customer Care team on 01527 591901.
N.B. I received an Everdure FORCE Barbecue in exchange for writing this post and promoting the giveaway. As always, all views and opinions are my own.