A few months ago, I wrote a post about Toddler L’s tantrums. In the imaginatively named 15 ridiculous reasons why my toddler had a tantrum, I explored some of the laughable situations which caused the sprog to have a shit fit. We’re talking things like me confiscating the tampons she’d found in the bathroom or the time I wouldn’t let her lick the dog. You know, totally normal things that she was well within her right to go mental over…
“Ah, yes, I remember that post Dave, a brilliant read as always – but why are you mentioning it again?”, I hear you ask. Well, the good thing about time and the development of toddlers is that you’re never short of tantrum-related material to write about. Most days, it seems like your little vessel of emotion is ready to spill their tears, anger and frustration over the most pettiest and insignificant things. This serves as a great inspiration for yours truly.
So, without further ado, I thought I’d share 10 more reasons why my toddler had a tantrum. In no particular order, we have:
1) Because I pretended that her new Stick Man was my toy and not hers. She didn’t like that. “Mine Stick Man!”.
2) Because she didn’t like the the fact that Hay closed the kitchen door as she was on an important call and didn’t want toddler disruptions.
3) Because I gave her imaginary Coco Pops and not imaginary Cheerios when we were playing some weird imagination game with her kitchen that didn’t make sense to me. I obviously didn’t know the ‘rules’.
4) Because I wouldn’t get off the chair that she decided that she wanted to sit on, because I was sitting on it.
5) Because I decided to see how many times I could kiss her on the head before she had a tantrum. For reference, the answer is seven.
6) Because I attempted to help her finish the yogurt and granola in her bowl by picking up her spoon. It would appear that she no longer appreciates help of the feeding variety.
Toddler L just asked for a bowl of granola as a snack. Who in their right mind would ask for that? I’m really starting to worry about her…
— The DADventurer (@The_dadventurer) January 25, 2017
7) Because I no longer wanted to pretend that I was a crocodile. At the point that I concluded proceedings, I’d already been a large aquatic reptile for 45 minutes.
8) Because she didn’t see the danger in sitting on her ride on cow as she sat on the settee, and therefore took offence to me politely asking her to come down.
9) Because her Nakd Bar had broken in half after spending all day in my pocket and I was unable to ‘fix it’.
10) Because we couldn’t find Pink Bear – her BFF of the cuddly toy world since we got rid of her comforter – for her to go to sleep with.
I think Toddler L needs to get more creative with her cuddly toy naming conventions. We have “baby bear”, “little bear” and “pink bear”.
— The DADventurer (@The_dadventurer) December 4, 2016
So those are ten more reasons why my toddler had a tantrum. Keep your eyes peeled, because I’m pretty sure there’ll be another instalment in the not too distant future! Have you had any recent ridiculous reasons why your toddler has had a shit fit? Let me know below!