It’s pretty crazy that today is New Year’s Eve. 2014 really has flown by.
It’s probably gone quicker for us this year than in previous years because we spent the first eight months counting down the days before we became parents. As you read this, it is probably a year to the day that I sowed my seed and fertilised the missus’ egg which has now become Baby L. That’s some imagery there for you!
With the news of Baby L’s impending departure from the mothership came the idea of starting The DADventurer to blog about my experience of pregnancy, becoming a dad, then taking on the stay at home parenting reigns. I started writing at the start of July and have thoroughly enjoyed penning my thoughts and meeting all of you wonderful people either though social media or my blog. Many thanks for reading and interacting – being a blogger is pretty crap if no-one reads it!
Having seen my WordPress Jetpack Annual Report which contained some stats and facts from the past year, I thought it would be a nice way to round off the year by reflecting on my blogging journey to date. It also gives me the ability to partake in some selfless promotion by plugging some links to previous posts…
So, below are some of my blogging highlights and low points of the past year, as well as some goals for 2015. Thanks and Happy New Year 🙂
Top 5 Popular Posts
- 5 Things I Probably Shouldn’t Do As A Dad – Some of the things that I’ve been doing with / to Baby L since she was born which I probably shouldn’t admit to! Don’t worry, Social Services or Operation Yewtree do not need to be notified.
- 6 Things That Prove Babies Are Purposefully Annoying – My theory and reasoning that babies are actually much cleverer than we give them credit for and that they do things on purpose to annoy their parents. The tiny, stinky little super villains.
- 5 People I Hate Now That I’m A Dad – A particularly angry post in which I vent my frustration since becoming a dad at some groups of people who, let’s face it, are just annoying dickheads. I’m sure you can relate with most of these.
- My First Weekend Left Alone To Hold The Baby – Day 1 – A detailed minute by minute account of what Baby L and I did when the missus abandoned us for an entire weekend – did I manage to cope without killing the little sprog?
- 5 Reasons Why I Now Know That I’m A Dad – Written just weeks after Baby L was born, this covered five things that had changed in my life which highlighted that I was now a dad.
Top 5 Popular Product Reviews
- Stokke Storm Grey Tripp Trapp Chair & Newborn Set – A review of the awesome Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair with newborn set which is both practical and looks great – our favourite product review of the year!
- Gro-Hush White Noise Baby Calmer – A review of the innovative handheld baby calmer from The Gro Company which uses white noise to help soothe and settle your little one when they are a screaming bundle of annoyance.
- Medela Breastpump & Nursing Pads and Bravado Nursing Bra – A review of the electric breastpump from Medela and Nursing Bra from Bravado – I’ll be honest, I’ve not personally got much use out of them, but the missus is in love with them which has won me plenty of husband points!
- A Day Out With The CuddleCo Doona Car Seat – A slightly different review which sees us take the Doona out for the day to show how easy and simple it is to use – one second it is a car seat, the next it is a fully functioning pushchair. Incredible innovation from CuddleCo.
- Babymule Baby Changing Bag – A review of the baby changing bag from Babymule which is very functional and one of the best bags on the market for a dad. My Babymule bag is constantly at my side and has helped me out of a few tricky poonami situations.
My Favourite Posts Of The Year
- Learning To Be A Dad From My Dad – A particularly heartfelt post which looks at my relationship with my dad and what I’ve learnt from him which I plan to take into my fatherhood journey. A bit on the long side but one of my favourites as it gave me chance to say some stuff to my dad which I never have done before.
- All Star Mr & Mrs Pregnancy Q&A – A pretty different post to normal as this was co-written by the missus as she made her debut on the blog – this post gave both the male and female perspective on some pregnancy hot topics. Do our thoughts really differ that much?
- Mutton Dressed As Lamb – A story of love, loss, betrayal and forgiveness as I’m reunited with a friend from the past who we hope will be Baby L’s best mate in the future. Did I mention it was a sheep?
Top Blogging Highlights
- Being nominated for two Love All Dads awards – Best Newcomer and Blog Post of The Year. I didn’t win either (booo!), but it was awesome to be included after only a couple of months of blogging.
- Having the chance to work with some awesome PR companies and brands.
- Coming in your ears on the Love All Dads podcast. After all, I do have a face for radio.
- Month on month growth in terms of blog views which (hopefully) shows I’m heading in the right direction. Either that, or someone has put my blog onto some porn sites.
- Virtually meeting some other great bloggers with which to chat, laugh and get advice from.
Favourite Search Terms Which Brought People To My Blog
- whot doo egypt people look like naw
- why bra is wet when baby were not feed
- cute wife sucking her thumb
- pics on how to make a fake newborn placenta
- bra open breast swing photos
Blogging Goals for 2015
- Attend a blogging event, e.g. BritMums Live
- Read, comment and share more blogs and posts that I like.
- Create new and interesting content, particularly when the missus goes back to work and I become a Stay At Home Dad
- Continue month on month blog view growth
- Continue to build relationships with PRs / Brands I’ve worked with whilst establishing new relationships
[jetpack_subscription_form subscribe_text=”Like what you’ve read? Then join The DADventurer mailing list to ensure that you never miss a post. Just pop in your email address and you’ll get all the latest musings directly to your inbox.”]